Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

PvP and Winston Churchill?

War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.  Winston Churchill


I ran across this quote while surfing the interwebz and it reminds me quite a bit of PvP.


TPC took part in Katherine Light's the More the Moneyer Midlevel Mayhem Tournament over the past few weeks.  One of the MANY reasons I haven't posted in a while, but we wont go there ;)


Katherine or (KK as I call her) was nice enough to drum up some prizes for participants based on things other than winning.  One of those was a Good Sportsmanship award that she gave in my honor.  Thanks KK!  And that is how the above quote by Winston Churchill and PvP merged in my mind.


Cassandra StarDreamer was the winner of this award, and to quote KK: She was kind to both teams and spectators before the match, and wished even her competitors good luck. After their team lost she complimented her opponents, wished them luck in the future, and was very happy just to have been able to play a clean, fun mid level match, whether her team won or lost.


And THAT is what makes a good sportsman and the quote SO appropriate.  PvP is a form of war against another team, but it doesn't mean you can't smile and have a good time while battling.  As y'all know my personal opinion of PvP changed quite a bit from when I first encountered Wizard101 to now.  I absolutely AND completely HATED PvP with a passion bordering on obsession!  It was not the thought of PvP, but the Trolls inhabiting the Arena that turned me away.  If more people had Cassandra StarDreamer's attitude I think many more would be willing to try their hand at PvP.


If you are a "hardened" Arena RAT or just a sometime player remember that we were all new to Wiz AND the Arena at one point and treat your opponents with respect.


Until next time,


Be well



No comments:

Post a Comment