Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

PvP Mentor??

It's been a few weeks since I have written anything on my blog -- what can I say but I have been busy? and please forgive me??

Busy with PvP of course, among MANY other things.  Perfect Catch is doing well in the Arena :D  We win many more than we lose.  Part of the "secret" to a "Perfect" team is trust.  If you don't trust your teammates your team WILL fail, whether it be in the short-term or the long-term. There is NO blaming, no finger pointing for our losses and no hogging of credit for our wins. Each of us brings something different to the team.  Ronan has a life wizard, but that doesnt mean he plays Life like I do -- or that I would play my balance like he does.  We are NOT cookie cutter players but rather a TEAM of individuals that thinks as one pretty much of the time.  Our wizard schools are NOT interchangeable as the PERSON behind the wizard defines how they play.

Kevin BattleBlood has been recording all of our matches and posting them to his YouTube page, and I do mean both wins AND losses.  We aren't afraid to show our losses.  Each of those losses is a learning opportunity. We have faced many "stacked" teams.  By this we mean either there are multiple wizards of the same school OR multiple BLADES stacked upon one wizard.  We have faced up to 5 blades on one Ice wizard PLUS a balefrost bubble.  Something doesn't seem quite right when you can be hit for 4900 damage WITHOUT CRITICAL on one hit :/  It's not like we are bosses and need to be killed in a single hit, we are NOT Angrus or Orrick of BriskBreeze Tower! I don't spawn minions that hit with 10k meteors.  Due to these teams we have been playing with our deck design -- little change there for Fallon, little change here for me, a tweak for Ronan and a little extra something for Kevin too ;)  Our decks are not static and have not been for quite some time. Kevin LOVES when Ronan can "Bronate" (donate) pips to him.  We are winning from second -- we outlast the competition, its what we do and who we are.  The best Offense is a good Defense as Kevin says. 

With Perfect Catch I have managed to become an "Overlord" (over 1000 rank) and keep that ranking now.  I have over 1000 Arena tickets and nothing I want to spend them on, I will just keep them until -- hopefully -- Warlord gear comes out, something with some critical block please!  We all do carry the Life Force sword and conviction, but they only provide so much block ;)  I had crafted the Everlasting Thunder cap for use in the Arena, but was NOT getting any more criticals with it than I was when wearing Arena gear.  So I have switched back to full Arena Gear as the resist allows me to live longer.

Fallon hit Warlord and then OverLord within the few weeks!  Woot Woot!  We have had a LOT of fun getting us all to Warlord status.  Our current ranking ranges from high 1300's to the 1000 -- not too shabby if I do say so myself!

But I think I should get onto the title of the post -- PvP Mentor?? ME??

As you know I was doing some PvP with my Wizzy Family -- Sorceress Miklai (Sabrina FrostShard), Lady Blade (Autumn FireBlade) and mi Tio Alric RavenSinger.  Sorceress Miklai and I did some one on one "training" for her at my Massive Fantasy Palace.  She had only stepped into the Arena a few times and did NOT like how others treated her.  She had some Trolls -- both on her opponents team AND on her own!  BUT she did tell me she was doing Quick Join ranked 4v4 which makes a BIG difference.  I would sooner cut off my wand hand than do a Quick Join teamed match!

Lady Blade went another training route -- the Wizzy Family did some practice and ranked 4v4 as ehr training.  I think 1v1 is  MUCH better way to get a feel for your deck though!  Need to get Ms. Blade into my MFP and tweak things a bit!

One of my fellow Mercs, Joshua WyrmWraith also asked for some "training" - which I was happy to help with a couple of months ago.  He has been in and out of the Arena since then  he got as high as Commander (and bought his Bronze Helephant pet) and then stepped away for a bit.

Since these trainees I have had a couple of more people approach me for help in getting ready for PvP.  I have to wonder, Why ME??  Autumn DuskHunter (of Homework in a Graveyard) and RavenWood Radio's own Christina IceDreamer have both approached me for help getting ready to step into the Arena.  Her Royal Iciness and I went a few rounds in my MFP and I gave her a few tips on her deck set up.  Cant wait to see how she does in the Arena!

As for Autumn, we are having a difficult time getting together.  She is working some odd hours and with me on a M-F work schedule its making it hard to get in some training time.  Never fear - We WILL get work together somehow, some way!

No comments:

Post a Comment